2016-10-12 / Front Page

Man Nabbed In Woodside Machete Attack

By Liz Goff
Police last week arrested a 42-year-old Woodside man who used a hatchet to threaten and rob a woman on October 1.

Cops said Moses Fernandez approached the 23-year-old victim from behind at about 11:30 p.m. on October

Cops said the 23-year-old victim was walking near Woodside and Roosevelt Avenues at about 11:30 p.m. on October 1 when Moses Fernandez approached her from behind and pulled out a machete.

Fernandez threw the woman to the ground and dragged her for a distance, then grabbed her backpack and fled north on 64th Street.

The victim was not injured in the attack, police said.

Cops released a surveillance photo of Fernandez and caught up with him on October 7, a police spokesperson said.

Fernandez was charged with robbery, grand larceny, menacing and weapons possession at his arraignment at Queens Criminal Court.

 

 

 

 

 

Return to top

Copyright 1999-2018 The Service Advertising Group, Inc. All rights reserved.