2015-08-19 / Front Page

Flash Fore Burns Worker At Maspeth Machine Shop

A city worker was severely burned when a flash fire erupted at a Maspeth machine shop on August 14, fire officials said.

The unidentified man was working at the Department of Transportation Maspeth Central Sign Shop on 57th Road near 58th Place when the flash fire broke out at about 9:50 p.m. on August 14, officials said.

The worker was taken to the New York Presbyterian Weil Cornell Medical Center Burn Unit, where he is being treated for injuries that are not considered life threatening.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze and there were no other injuries, fire officials said.

Workers at the Maspeth shop make speed limit and stop signs that are installed on city streets, authorities said.

–Liz Goff

Return to top

Copyright 1999-2018 The Service Advertising Group, Inc. All rights reserved.