Time Warner Cable Brings Customers NBCUniversal’s Coverage Of 2012 London Summer Olympic Games July 25 Through August 12
Time Warner Cable, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games to commence on Wednesday, July 25 through Sunday, August 12. Designed to provide video subscribers with access to NBCUniversal’s more than 5,535 hours of unprecedented Olympic programming, this offering represents the largest number of total Olympics hours ever. Time Warner Cable will offer NBCUniversal’s Olympic content live and on-demand, across multiple digital, mobile and tablet platforms, and for the first time ever, 242 hours of the Games will be available in 3D.
“Time Warner Cable customers in the New York City area will have access to a fantastic Olympic viewing experience via NBC’s coverage,” said John Quigley, Regional Vice President of Operations for New York City, Time Warner Cable. “Being able to watch [live] NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming on TV, online, On Demand, and via other platforms is as close to physically being at each event in London as you can get. And when you add our lineup of interactive features it is like having your own Olympic tour guide walking you through NBC’s comprehensive programming lineup so you can maximize every memorable Olympic moment.”
In addition to extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, two HD specialty channels and a 3D channel, subscribers can stay connected to the London Summer Olympic Games wherever they go exclusively via NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps available to mobile and tablet users.
As part of a Time Warner Cable consumer’s video subscription, NBCUniversal is bringing Olympic Games content to subscribers live and on-demand, on television, online, and on mobile and tablet devices via applications. This additional access to NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming extends Time Warner Cable customers’ opportunities to watch the Games wherever they are.
Following are multiplatform offerings that will allow Time Warner Cable customers to watch and be a part of the London 2012 Olympic Games:
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on Time Warner Cable Includes:
· NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to certain Time Warner Cable video packages and who sign-in by verifying their subscriptions. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 total programming hours, including NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever so that verified Time Warner Cable customers can easily watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers who sign in and verify their subscriptions by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Time Warner Cable customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com:
1. Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
2. Click the “Click here & Get Ready” button
3. Select Time Warner Cable
4. Sign in using existing Time Warner Cable username and password, or create a Time Warner Cable username and password by clicking “register now.”
5. You are signed in throughout the Games on that device!
· Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Olympics Live Extra app will be available to verified Time Warner Cable customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. Time Warner Cable customers can verify their subscriptions on mobile and tablet devices when the NBC Olympics Live Extra App launches in mid-July. The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.
• On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Time Warner Cable’s Video-On-Demand service. See U.S. athletes compete in Diving, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track & Field with over 100 highlights covering the U.S. Trials.
Pre-Games: Viewers can access more than 120, 4-8 minute clips available in SD and HD.
During the Games: NBCU will offer more than 550 highlight clips, in addition to 240 full-length event replays, available within 24 hours of the event completion, all in HD and SD.
· 3D: Panasonic Corporation of North America and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to Time Warner Cable customers. The effort will produce 242 hours of coverage and mark the first time that the Olympic Games will be distributed in the U.S. in 3D. The 3D broadcasts will be shown on next-day delay and will span multiple competitions throughout the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games.
· Specialty Channels: Dedicated 24/7 basketball and soccer channels are available to Time Warner Cable customers, and will total 770 hours of NBC’s HD coverage. Available on Channel 449 and 450.
The 2012 London Olympic Summer Games will run throughout 19 unforgettable days and nights, covering every sport, medal, champion and riveting moment. For more information, visit www.NBCOlympics.com.