Corona Child Porn Promoter Pleads Guilty
A 35-year-old Corona man last week pleaded guilty to promoting and possessing massive amounts of child pornography images, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.
Elvis Infante pleaded guilty to multiple counts contained in a 3,000-count indictment charging him with the possession and promotion of more than 1,000 images and 500 videos featuring child pornography.
Infante, of 58-35 Granger St. in Corona, was arrested in January following a two-year investigation by the NYPD. He was held in lieu of $250,000 bail since his arraignment in January on 1,544 counts of possessing a sexual performance by a child and 1,544 counts of promoting a sexual performance by a child, Brown said.
Brown said Queens NYPD detectives were alerted on Aug. 19, 2010 by the New York Internet Crimes Against Children that someone utilizing the username, 3SFORI7SWOW7@ahotmail.com, had uploaded 12 child pornography images to ning.com, the Ning social networking Web site.
Operators at Ning intercepted the images and reported them to the Crimes Against Children group, Brown said. A Hotmail e-mail address associated with the username was traced and found registered to Infante, Brown said.
Queens detectives went to Infante’s home on Nov. 24, 2010 and seized his computer, where they found 80 images of child pornography, Brown said. Further forensic testing led detectives to more than 1,000 additional images and more than 500 videos of children depicted in a sexual manner or performing sexual acts.
“It is important to remember that these images are actually crime scene photos depicting real children being emotionally and physically scarred for life,” Brown said.
Infante faces a maximum of seven years in prison on each count listed in the indictment, if convicted at trial.