2010-10-13 / Features

Borough-Wide Blotter

 Compiled By LIZ GOFF

104th Precinct

Nab Sleeping, Drunken Driver

A 47-year-old motorist was arrested for drunk driving after cops had to wake him. 

Gregorio Rabusa was passed out behind the wheel of his Nissan at a red light on Eliot Avenue and Queens Boulevard on October 1.

The car keys were in the ignition and the engine was running when Rebusa nodded off at about 4:15 a.m. When police woke him, Rabusa shouted, “I was coming from a party where I had four beers before 4 o’clock.

Rabusa pleaded guilty to driving while impaired and was released after he paid a $500 fine. 

 

108th Precinct

Self-Storage Bandit Nabbed

 

Police last week arrested a 24-year-old Sunnyside man in connection with the July 27 armed robbery of a local self-storage facility.

Cops said Niya Addison pressed a gun against the neck of an employee at a public storage facility on Van Dam Street on July 27, demanding cash and company checks.

The clerk handed over an undisclosed amount of cash to Addison, who fled the scene on foot in an unknown direction, police said.

Queens detectives stayed on the case and tracked down Addison on September 30.

Addison was charged with robbery, attempted assault and criminal possession of a weapon at his arraignment at Queens Criminal Court.

 

111th Precinct

Bomb Scare Empties School

 

Officials at M.S. 74 evacuated the Bayside school on October 1 after they received an anonymous bomb threat, police said.

A spokesperson for the Department of Education (DOE) said the school received a phone call “in the early morning”, warning that a bomb had been planted on school grounds.

A search of the school by the NYPD Bomb Squad failed to find an explosive device and students went back to class just after 11 a.m., the DOE spokesperson said.

Queens detectives later determined the caller used a pay phone in Brooklyn to call in the bomb threat, police sources said.

 

112th Precinct

Subway Station Shut Down Over Package

 

Queens Transit police last week shut down the 71st Street-Continental Avenue subway station in Forest Hills after straphangers reported a suspicious package on a staircase.

Police said the station was shut down at about 10:15 a.m. on October 5 as the NYPD Bomb Squad retrieved the package for examination, authorities said. Streets surrounding station were cleared as the Bomb Squad cops removed an abandoned suitcase for further investigation, authorities said. The station was reopened to commuters at about 11 a.m. Police did not release the contents of the suitcase and no arrests have been made in connection with the incident. 

Return to top

Copyright 1999-2014 The Service Advertising Group, Inc. All rights reserved.