2010-07-21 / Front Page

Borough-Wide Blotter

By Liz Goff

107th Precinct
Ex Stabs New Beau
Police arrested a 41-year-old Fresh Meadows man after he brutally stabbed a man dating his ex-wife.
Cops said Myoung Suh pulled a knife and stabbed the 42-year-old victim 10 times in the chest as the man stood at the intersection of 183rd Street and 58th Avenue at about 9:30 a.m. on July 4.
Suh was charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon at his arraignment at Queens Criminal Court.

109th Precinct
Leaves License, Bumper Clues
Police in Flushing arrested a motorist with a suspended license after he plowed his car into another vehicle and fled the scene without his front bumper and license plate.
Cops said Rudolph Kaval, 42, slammed his 2000 Nissan into the rear of a 2009 Hyundai at 20th Avenue and the Whitestone Expressway at about 9 a.m. on July 10.
Police who responded to the crash found the bumper and traced Kaval through the license plate, authorities said.
Kaval was charged with driving with a suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident.

110th Precinct
Foul Play
Police busted a boneheaded baseball fan on July 5 after he balked at being tossed out of Citi Field for urinating in public.
Scott Bailey, 19, was at the Mets game on July 5 when stadium security guards caught him relieving himself in a public space, police said. When the guards tried to toss Bailey out of the stadium he refused to leave, so they handcuffed him and tossed him in a jail cell, police said.
Police sources said Bailey continued his rampage in the cell, bashing another inmate’s head against a wall.
Bailey was charged with assault and resisting arrest at his arraignment at Queens Criminal Court.

111th Precinct
Cop Commits Suicide In Queens Office
An NYPD Inspector in charge of the department’s construction projects last week shot himself inside his Fort Totten office.
Inspector Anthony Tria, 48, joined the NYPD 36 years ago and began his career as an NYPD Housing cop, police said. The former Marine went on to head the department’s capital construction unit. Colleagues said Tria was also among the youngest officers ever promoted to NYPD captain.
Police said Tria committed suicide in his office on July 15 moments before his work tour was scheduled to start. Investigators are still trying to determine what drove Tria to take his own life, police sources said.


Return to top

Copyright 1999-2018 The Service Advertising Group, Inc. All rights reserved.