February 27, 2008 RSS feed / Editorials

Welcome New Citizens To Their Adopted Country

Last Friday, February 22 (allowing for adjusting to the switch from the Julian to the Gregorian calendars, which took place in his lifetime), was the birthday of the man known to many as the Father of the United States, George Washington. More...

Is Democracy Working?

To The Editor: Are we endangering America? Democracy is a system that lets 51 percent of the people demonize the other 49 percent, so thank God that we are not a democracy, as we are a Federal Republic whose voting system is democratic. More...

Protests Pothole

Copies of the following e-mails were received by the Gazette. Ms. Ericson, Please be advised that your complaint was submitted to the agencies responsible for addressing the reported conditions. More...

Hails Maloney

To The Editor: I applaud Congressmember [Carolyn] Maloney for restoring over $31 million for wounded veterans. These wounded veterans deserve care, both medically, surgically and [in] rehab. We must not neglect them. More...

Parks Dept. Is Confused

To The Editor: Once again, the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation has proven that they often don't have a clue as to what is happening under their watch. "No Parking" signs for Monday, Feb. More...

City Needs Pushcarts

To The Editor: RE: City Neighborhoods Need Supermarkets, Not Pushcarts (John R. Durso, Op-Ed, Feb. More...

Parade Shows Bias

A copy of the following letter was received by the Gazette. To Commissioner Raymond Kelly, NYPD: Catholics have rights. More...

New Queens By 2030

To The Editor: I attended the Auburndale Improvement Association's meeting on Tuesday, February 19 in order to show support for the rezoning effort taking place there, which, like our Maspeth- Middle Village rezoning study, has been going on since More...

Copyright 1999-2014 The Service Advertising Group, Inc. All rights reserved.