10 Stock Market Lessons
To The Editor:
The following are ten things that I learned from the stock market crash last week:
1. Antacids are useful medications.
2. What goes up can come down.
3. Stock market analysts are superb at explaining why something happens but only after it happens and not before when you could really use the information.
4. There's a bit of truth that pebbles thrown into the water and stock bubbles in China can ripple around the world.
5. The yen carry trade does not refer to takeout food; it has something to do with economics.
6. Bull markets and bull**** have a lot in common.
7. We may or may not have a recession this year.
8. The phrase "know your investment comfort level" sounds good in theory.
9. Emerging markets and submerging portfolios can go together.
10. My S&P stocks were standard, and they made me poorer. Sincerely, Martin H. Levinson Forest Hills