Search Warrant Turns Up Fake Goods, Abused Baby
Police of the 114th Precinct executed a search warrant at Long Chen Trading, Inc., 30-18 30th Ave. on Friday, November 4 and made two felony arrests, of a 59-year-old man and an 81-year-old man, both of Asian descent, as a result. Both men were also charged with endangering the welfare of a child because an infant was in the store at the time of the warrant execution who displayed signs of receiving insufficient care and suffering abuse.
Long Chen Trading was targeted for enforcement after counterfeit clothing and pocketbooks were sold at the store. Evidence seized when the warrant was served included forged products carrying North Face, Lacoste, Nike, Burberry, Coach and Louis Vuitton brand names. The two suspects had previously been arrested at the store and charged with the same offenses, except for endangering the welfare of a child, on March 24 of this year.
While the search warrant was executed at Long Chen, other officers of the 114th Precinct conducted a joint phase of Operation Losing Proposition at 41st Avenue and 21st Street in Long Island City in conjunction with the Vice Squad. Two white males, one 26 and another 42 years old, an Indian man 32 years old and another man, no ethnicity given, 27 years old, were arrested and charged with patronizing a prostitute, a Class B misdemeanor. Three vehicles were seized. The Vice Squad made nine arrests.
114th Precinct Police Blotter
Monday, October 31:
• A 21-year-old Asian man was charged with reckless endangerment and assault after he and numerous other perpetrators threw eggs off a roof at 36th Avenue and 28th Street. The suspect and four others kicked a complainant who confronted them, causing injuries to the complainant.
• A 19-year-old white man was arrested and charged with criminal mischief—graffiti after he was seen spray painting the hood of a car and causing more than $250 in damage at Northern Boulevard and 40th Avenue. The car’s owner saw the vandal spray painting the car and alerted police.
• A 21-year-old white woman was charged with possession of marijuana after being found in possession of a lit marijuana cigarette at Shore and Ditmars Boulevards.
• A white male 47 years old was charged with robbery and criminal possession of stolen property after he and another person, who was not arrested, accosted a victim walking on 27th Street. The perpetrator allegedly punched the victim in the face with his closed fist, injuring the victim, and forcibly relieved the victim of a cell phone.
• A 17-year-old white male was charged with loitering on school property at Long Island City H.S., 14-30 Broadway, after he was observed loitering about the school grounds, where he had no business to be.
• A 19-year-old Hispanic woman was charged with aggravated sexual abuse and acting in a manner injurious to a child under 17 years of age when she allegedly acted in a manner injurious to a child under 10 years old.
• A white male 18 years old was found to have an open arrest warrant after he was charged with disorderly conduct at 21-01 Broadway.
• A 17-year-old male was charged with robbery, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of stolen property after he and another male, also apprehended, and another man who was not apprehended, allegedly approached and forcibly removed property from a victim after displaying a box cutter.
Wednesday, November 2:
• An 11-year-old boy was arrested at 31-04 36th Ave. and charged with robbery and resisting arrest after he removed a victim’s property and struck the victim with a wooden board, injuring the victim’s arm.
Saturday, November 5:
• After he allegedly struck a victim about the face, causing injury to the victim’s eye and cheek, a white male 46 years old was arrested and charged with assault at 25-46 47th St.
• A 14-year-old black male was seen in possession of a loaded firearm in public view at the corner of 40th Avenue and 10th Street. While being arrested, the suspect bit and hit the officer arresting him. He was charged with assault on a police officer, criminal possession of a weapon and possession of a firearm.
• Three suspects were arrested and a 31-year-old white male was charged with assault with a weapon at 30th Avenue and 23rd Street. The suspects allegedly approached a victim and after a verbal confrontation, the 31-year-old slapped and threw a beer bottle at the victim.
• A white male 16 years old was arrested for robbery on Crescent Street between 34th and 35th Avenue after he allegedly approached a victim from behind, punched the victim in the face, forcibly removed the victim’s cell phone and fled.
Sunday, November 6:
• A 21-year-old black male was charged with robbery, criminal possession of a firearm, assault and menacing at 686 Main St., Roosevelt Island, after an off-duty Corrections officer working as a security guard saw the suspect allegedly attempt to remove beer from a store without paying for the beverage. A struggle ensued and the suspect allegedly displayed a knife. The Corrections officer received a slash on the hand during the struggle.
• A 16-year-old black male was charged with criminal possession of a weapon after he was observed to have a suspicious bulge in the waist band of his pants. A B.B. gun was recovered.
• A 24-year-old Hispanic man was charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon after he struck a victim in the face with a metal baseball bat, causing lacerations and swelling and substantial pain. The suspect also allegedly struck another victim with his closed fist.
• A white male 59 years old was charged with assault and acting in a manner injurious to a child after a victim stated that she had a dispute with the alleged perpetrator, who choked her, causing pain to her neck. The incident happened in front of the couple’s 8-year-old child, causing the victim to fear for her safety.