Elmjack Little League Honors Former LaG GM
Elmjack Little League
Honors Former LaG GM
On Thursday, Apr. 5, Elmjack Little League will honor former LaGuardia General Manager Tim Pierce
The luncheon will take place at the Elmjack Little League Baseball Complex, located next to LaGuardia Airport on 19th Road at 79th Street. In addition to lunch, the celebration will include lots of fun and raffle prizes, a high school baseball game, a high school softball game, and the dedication and naming one field as the "Tim Pierce Pony Field."
The entire community is invited to attend. Donation for the event is $35 per person, with all proceeds earmarked for capital improvements to the Elmjack complex.
Elmjack Little League Inc. is an all-volunteer, non-profit community service organization substantially self-funded through donations made by the families served and community-minded organizations. Funding covers the basic operation of its programs but cannot provide the ability to perform major maintenance or facility upgrades.
This year, Elmjack has initiated a major safety program. To ensure that the young players have a safe, well-equipped facility. Funds will be raised for the following major improvements:
• Turn unused space into a parking lot as traffic in the complex poses a major danger to children. Moving parked cars off the road will keep kids from running between parked cars along the road.
• Upgrade fences that do not meet current safety standards.
• Install additional fences to protect ball players from road traffic.
• Continue efforts to light some fields for safer evening play.
• Install in-ground sprinklers to eliminate hazards posed by hoses lying about the grounds
• Upgrade the concession stand.